This is a guest post from our non-profit partner Qgiv.
Hospitals and other healthcare organizations work day and night to ensure they offer the best service and medical experience for everyone involved. Because health organizations are often busy with a never-ending flow of patients and high-intensity tasks, they often don’t have time to really think about their own needs.
That is why healthcare fundraising is crucial for health organizations. Running a medical-based organization takes an incredible amount of resources. You need a great fundraising program in order to support your foundation’s philanthropic goals, serving your community and staff.
Sphere is proud to partner with Qgiv and is working toward making fundraising accessible and meaningful for health organizations. With Qgiv’s comprehensive fundraising platform, healthcare fundraisers can oversee the entire donation process, engage with past patients and active supporters, and boost their overall fundraising revenue.
Ensure your health organization has all the resources it needs! Here are some ways you can use Qgiv to supplement your healthcare team’s fundraising efforts; you can:
- Securely process online donations.
- Engage donors with peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Invite top supporters to a hospital fundraising gala.
- Motivate giving with text fundraising.
- Easily oversee capital campaigns.
Read on to learn about how you can take advantage of Qgiv’s software and increase fundraising for your health organization. Let’s get started!
Securely process online donations.
These days, offering online donations is more of a necessity than a nice bonus. According to PewResearch, 90% of Americans are active Internet users—your potential donors are active on the Internet! Additionally, the last thing on your patrons’ minds is making a stop at the donation office to drop off a check while they’re in your hospital. An online donation might be the only way they’d make a gift.
With fundraising software like Qgiv, processing online donations and gifts have never been easier. You can customize the online donation form to a specific campaign and even brand it to your health organization with your unique colors and your logo.
With these other features, your online donation form will encourage donors to complete that donation:
- Easy-to-use form builder. You don’t have to be a coder to create the perfect donation form for your healthcare organization. The form builder makes it easy to customize your donation form so you always get critical donor information without wasting your donor’s time with unnecessary fields.
- Recurring gift options. Donors often want to thank your health organization in a generous way, but can’t afford to do so all at once. Include a recurring gifts option so donors can space out their contributions in a way that’s convenient for them. Recurring donations have the added benefit of providing is consistent, predictable support for your health organization.
- Suggested giving amounts. This is a great way to inspire your donors to give a little more than they might have originally. Sometimes, a potential donor won’t know exactly how much to donate, get overwhelmed trying to make a choice, and end up closing the window without making a gift. Offer a few suggested giving amounts with associated impact statements to help them decide how much to give and show them what their money can achieve.
- GiftAssist. When someone makes an online donation, the nonprofit has to pay a processing fee. With Qgiv’s GiftAssist, donors can choose to offset that fee by adding a couple of dollars to their gift. This is a popular option! Right now, around 55% of donors make this additional gift if their favorite nonprofit gives them the opportunity.
- Secure payment processing. You can use Qgiv and Sphere payment solutions together for safe, secure payments. Qgiv was the first online fundraising software to become Level 1 PCI Compliant, so you know your donors’ financial information is in safe hands. Qgiv’s top-notch security is reinforced by their streamlined forms that can be branded to match your individual nonprofit.
Qgiv not only gives you the tools to create the online donation form that suits your efforts best, it also empowers your donors with multiple fundraising options and facilitates them in a safe and secure way.
Engage donors with peer-to-peer fundraising.
A great way for hospitals and other healthcare organizations to raise support is to run a peer-to-peer fundraising (P2P) campaign. A P2P campaign is especially great for healthcare organizations that engage volunteers; each volunteer likely has their own personal story about how they’re connected to your institution. Let your supporters express this to their own network of friends and family and fundraise on your health organization’s behalf!
Though you can technically conduct P2P campaigns without any outside tools, most nonprofit organizations will invest in a platform specifically for these efforts. With a fundraising solution like Qgiv, you also have access to their top peer-to-peer features. When you use their peer-to-peer platform, you can:
- Give each P2P volunteer their own branded online donation page. Customize these pages to fit your overall campaign, then let each volunteer add their own photos, testimonials, and stories about why your health organization and fundraiser is important to them. This way, their own friends and family instantly feel more connected to your cause because they share a personal link to your work.
- Encourage more fundraising with gamification elements. Qgiv gives you the tools to motivate your volunteer fundraisers, including a leaderboard showing top fundraisers, fundraising thermometers, fundraising badges, and more. When P2P volunteers see how close they are to being first in the leaderboard or see how much money is left until your end goal, they’re encouraged to stay active in the fundraising process.
- Each P2P volunteer can easily share their individual fundraising page on social media and can even schedule posts in advance. You can make sharing on social media even easier for your participants; Qgiv provides the option to built pre-written social post templates that can be tweaked and published by individual users.
- Monitor all fundraising activities from one central platform. Qgiv’s control panel allows you to oversee your fundraising participants, their teams, and your progress in real-time.
Empower your supporters by letting them fundraise for you. Just ask VISTE! VISTE, Volunteers in Service to the Elderly, is an organization that helps the elderly travel to doctor appointments, provides in-home meals and food, and more. With Qgiv’s tools, they were able to raise around $30,000 during their last peer-to-peer campaign.
Invite top supporters to a hospital fundraising gala.
Hospitals and other health organizations often host live fundraising galas in order to raise awareness for a cause, collect money for a project, announce an exciting change, or recognize their top donors.
But managing registration, planning the gala festivities, and ensuring each guest is properly engaged, can make event preparation a long and difficult process.
Take the stress out of planning and managing your hospital fundraising gala with Qgiv’s event management software. Consider how these top features can elevate your fundraising gala:
- A variety of registration options to meet the needs of all your supporters. Let people register in groups (like for a family) or as individuals! You can also create certain packages for guests registering as a table and even offer discounts and promo codes to top supporters.
- Social sharing options on your event form. Make it easy for potential guests to share your event with their friends and family.
- Easily-incorporated auction features with Qgiv’s auction tool. By including a silent auction element in your gala, you can auction off interesting items and let your guests bid in real-time (from their phones). Qgiv’s mobile app makes it easy to streamline the registration, check-in, and post-auction checkout process.
A live fundraising event is a great way to bring together your supporters and donors and remind them of the good your healthcare organization has accomplished! Make sure you have all the necessary tools to plan this quickly and efficiently.
Motivate giving with text fundraising.
One of the best ways to increase fundraising for any nonprofit organization is to provide multiple giving channels for different groups of donors. A popular channel includes mobile solutions for giving. Another PewResearch study found that 96% of Americans own mobile phones. A vast majority of people have near-constant access to mobile phones and are highly likely to use a tool like mobile giving.
Qgiv has dedicated software to make text fundraising and mobile giving as easy as possible for nonprofit fundraisers and donors alike. Your healthcare organization can take advantage of different types of text fundraising that Qgiv supports:
- Text-to-Donate: This simple donation method involves donors initiating a gift via texting a campaign keyword to a designated shortcode. Donors enter the amount they want to give and are presented with a link to a mobile form to officially complete the gift.
- Outbound Text Messages: Outbound text messaging is a powerful way to make urgent requests, share information about upcoming events, remind donors to finish their mobile gift, or provide updates on a fundraising campaign. Qgiv’s outbound text messaging tool makes it easy to build and manage lists so you can reach the right donors at the right time.
- Bill-to-Carrier Text Donations. This traditional text giving style involves a donor sending a keyword to a text shortcode. Instead of finishing their transaction on a mobile donation form, the predetermined donation amount is billed to the donor’s cell phone bill. Later, their carrier transfers the donation to the charitable organization.
Text-based mobile fundraising is not only simple to set up but also gives your donors a chance to give wherever and whenever they want to.
Easily facilitate capital campaigns.
Hospitals and other health organizations often need to raise money for larger projects like building renovations or new medical tech. Those large campaigns usually require large-scale fundraising efforts that involve more than just a simple online donation page. This is where capital campaigns come in.
A capital campaign is a focused effort to raise a sizable amount of money within a certain timeframe. This type of campaign usually funds high-cost changes that will help your organization run more efficiently and continue to offer the highest quality services. It often takes years to reach a capital campaign’s fundraising goal.
Capital campaigns typically include multiple fundraising efforts, including events, online and offline fundraising, and text-fundraising channels. That is why a comprehensive solution like Qgiv might be the best choice for this kind of large-scale campaign. Your healthcare organization can integrate the software with your CRM and:
- Capture the necessary donor information. Using your online donation forms, event registration pages, and other giving methods, you can accurately record each donation with the appropriate details alongside it. You’ll gradually build a list of people who supported this capital campaign, which will leave you plenty of opportunities for future engagement. For instance, prioritize engagements with those who gave substantial gifts to see if they could be cultivated into becoming major gifts donors.
- Keep up communication with donors. As the campaign progresses, use the donor data in your CRM to continue donor engagements, including thank-you messaging, progress updates, and more. You can even send them matching gift information if you think their gift can be doubled by their employer.
- Vary your fundraising efforts. Get creative with your capital campaign! You can conduct peer-to-peer campaigns, start a mobile fundraiser, and even host an auction! No matter what you choose to do, all that data will be safely centralized in your CRM to review it whenever you want.
- Review campaign progress in real-time. Use Qgiv to create custom reports and track specific statistics so you can see how you’re doing as the campaign progresses. You can also use Qgiv’s FundHub tool to aggregate data from individual campaign events, donation forms, text keywords, and more. Getting a birds-eye view of all your fundraising activity will help you identify areas to improve and track which methods are performing best.
With Qgiv on your side, you’ll be able to successfully manage your entire capital campaign from one place and easily pinpoint areas for improvement or of success. Reach your fundraising goal and help your capital campaign objective come to fruition with this comprehensive solution.