The Data Automation Specialist is a cross functional position and has direct responsibilities for activities including but not limited to data capture/upload, equipment deployment/tracking, and more.
About The Company
Sphere, powered by TrustCommerce, is a leading provider of end-to-end integrated payments, security software, payments gateway and merchant acquiring products and services. Sphere serves a variety of companies from large, complex enterprises to small local businesses across a range of end-markets, including healthcare, restaurant, retail, parking, education, transportation, and insurance. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
The Data Automation Specialist is a cross functional position and has direct responsibilities for activities including but not limited to data capture/upload, equipment deployment/tracking, new accounts on boarding, account maintenance, and monthly billing reconciliation.
- Provides timely and accurate information / communication to all internal and external customers
- Prepare documentations and mapping of payments information.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced setting and keep to tight deadlines under pressure
- Identify and resolve problems and possible delays in a timely manner. Must be able to solve practical problems and maintain ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Payment processing experience in the issuing or acquiring industries is preferred. Technology literate “Tech savvy” including payments technology.
- Define the requirements and implement task automation tools for the Operations Team
- Develop, test and deploy automation scripts for defined projects
- Understand data constructs and how to utilize, extract and organize data for automation and reporting
- Business modeling of manual operational activities to identify automation opportunities
- Develop data extracts from multiple sources and produce data analytics
- Work closely with IT and Finance to identify and create specialized reports/extracts
- Properly researches and addresses assigned escalations
- Operational support to accounting department via reconciliation reporting and journal entries
- Ability to handle various assigned operations/department projects as needed
- Cross training and knowledge share of automation capabilities for the Operations Management Team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal Skills – maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things, able to collaborate with others to achieve personal and team objectives and goals
- Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic expectations. Extremely organized, with outstanding follow through and follow up
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Creative problem-solving skills.
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates composure and confidence in individual and group settings
- Written Communication – edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information Interdepartmental and cross company teamwork / collaboration
- Quality control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical clients and peers
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Ability to work in an evolving environment
- Dependability – is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance. Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Courteous/relentless customer/client focus; a consistent mentality of delivering outstanding service on every call
- Maintaining a positive attitude and focus on being diligent to produce high quality results / outcomes
- Effective listening skills ensuring a clear understanding of the customer issue/situation through professional questions and interaction.
- Fostering positive customer relations through win-win solutions
- Efficient call resolution in a professional yet swift manner using utilizing good judgment
- Teamwork orientation; willing to help for the benefit of the team and company; partners with all teams to consistently meet and exceed expectations
- Excellent time management: keeping after-call work to a minimum and maximizing availability to meet customer call volume demands; handling inquiries from multiple sources simultaneously
- Provides timely feedback to the Company regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Clear and concise communication proficiency supporting the ability to communicate at multiple levels within the company
- Technical capacity – desire and ability to learn and leverage knowledge
Required Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of electronic payment industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience with the payment processing platform(s) is preferred, but not required (TSYS, FirstData, Elavon, etc.)
- Proficient with database organization and reporting strategies
- Data management tools (mySQL, MS Access, etc.)
- Experience with BI tools preferred (PowerBI)
- Experience with screen scraper and macros creation and maintenance
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with charting tools (Visio, Lucid Chart, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
- Customer service and/or technical support experience