With the acquisition of Health iPASS in December of 2020, Sphere is placing a greater focus on leveraging their payment capabilities for the benefit of healthcare providers. Health iPASS is committed to creating better patient check-ins for better provider revenue, strengthened by the end-to-end patient payment support offered by Sphere. Health iPASS gets practices paid by going after those patient dollars that sometimes slip through the cracks, such as prior and residual balances and inconsistently collected copays. The best part? Health iPASS is able to do this in a way that improves the patient experience.
Taking the hassle out of health visits
The typical patient check-in and payment experience requires patients to arrive for their appointments 15 minutes early, wait in line, perhaps pay a copay, then take a clipboard back to the waiting area where they are asked to fill out any required paperwork. The patient can then expect to receive the bill for any services rendered weeks, even months later. According to HFMA, 60% of all patients never pay their bill after leaving the provider’s office through the traditional payment channels, stressing the need for better payment options pre-arrival and at the point of service. With the huge increase in patient responsibility, up 30% since 2015, providers must invest in the right tools to maximize clarity and boost patient payments.
How it works
Health iPASS delivers clear cost communication and enables patients to view and verify their insurance benefits, make payments, complete paperwork digitally, and even leave payment information on file for automatic payment of residual balances—all through their 100% mobile express check-in. They also offer self- or assisted check-in at the provider office for less tech-savvy patients. Here are just a few ways the Health iPASS platform can support pre-arrival, point of service and post-visit workflows:
- Customized Express check-in for patients (any device, any time) including registration, insurance, payments, clinical forms and consents/policies
- Real-time integration with Practice Management (PM) systems for schedule & demographics
- Automated verification of insurance benefits
- Pre check-in including pre-collection of prior balance, co-pays, etc.
- Self-service or assisted check-in using iPad-based kiosks
- In-clinic, mobile check-in & messaging sent to patient’s phone real-time
- Streamline the check-in process to complete registration, insurance, payments and forms
- Checkout process to provide transparency into cost of care and collect against patient estimates
- Real-time posting of demographic changes, payments and images to EMR/PM*
- Convenient text-to-pay and email-to-pay options with fully automated electronic billing (eStatements & eBills)
- Electronic statements are automatically generated as soon as claim is adjudicated
- Convenient auto-pay process using card-on-file obtained at check-in
- Client-branded online payment portal for patients
- Flexible, recurring payment plan options for large balances
Integrated with Sphere end-to-end
With Health iPASS, Sphere users can now enjoy the patient engagement, check-in and payment features of the platform. Health iPASS provides a one-step shop that does not require medical providers to interact with third-party payment processors. This integration also enables Health iPASS to provide seamless customer service for clients with one support number to call for any payment-related concerns. The combined efforts of Sphere and Health iPASS will lead to increased collection capabilities for providers and ultimately better health outcomes for patients.